The purpose of the SST 3 Family Leadership Network is to engage in School/Family partnership development and to:
- provide an opportunity for Family Leadership Network representatives and their district contact to collaborate and plan with other districts around school/family partnership activities;
- provide a forum for families to exchange information and learn about school/family partnerships;
- build knowledge about early literacy through post-secondary topics that support student achievement;
- provide SST 3 with regional concerns and trends that families may be experiencing with the education of students with diverse learning needs; and
- build knowledge of Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004, Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015, and related legislation such as state operating standards, procedural safeguards, and other guidance documents.
Representatives are selected by their Superintendents and will serve two year terms. Meetings are held between September and May and three meetings a year held jointly with the District Representatives.